Friday, November 2, 2012

Thirty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time


Here are the readings for the Thirty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time, November 4, 2012:


Deuteronomy 6: 2-6
Psalm 18: 2-4, 47, 51
Hebrews 7: 23-28
Mark 12: 28b-34

If I cannot find the face of Jesus in the face of those who are my enemies, if I cannot find him in the unbeautiful, if I cannot find him in those who have the 'wrong ideas', if I cannot find him in the poor and defeated, then I will not find him in the bread or the wine. If I do not reach out in this world to those with whom he has identified himself, why do I imagine that I would want to be with him, and them, in heaven? Why do I think I want to be for all eternity in the company of those whose companionship I avoided every day of my life? - Peter Maurin, co-founder of the Catholic Worker Movement

How does this quote relate to the readings today?
What might it mean in relation to our topic for the Catechumenate, "Saints"?

No comments:

Post a Comment